Please note: due to COVID-19, we are not accepting donations at this time. However, the Friends of the Library are holding a book donation drop-off on Saturday, August 22. Click here for more information.
Donating your books and media to Johnson City Public Library is a great way to support us. The Friends of the Library resell books and media to the public in their book sales, with proceeds going to support the Library’s programs.
- Books: hardback, paperback, fiction, non-fiction, adult, children
- Audio CDs, LPs, and audiobooks
- DVDs and Blu-rays
We do not accept:
- Damp or moldy materials
- Legal statutes and casebooks
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- VHS tapes
- Loose CDs and DVDs without their cases
- Home-recorded CDs and DVDs
- General encyclopedias (World Book, Britannica, etc.)
How to Donate
Small bags of books can be brought to the Library Circulation Desk. If you have a large donation, call (423) 434-4477 and arrange a time to drop it off. We offer tax receipts for your donation. Please prepare a tally of how many hardback books, paperback books, and each type of media (DVDs or CDs) you’re bringing if you would like a tax receipt.