Donating your books and media to Johnson City Public Library is a great way to support us. The Friends of the Library resell books and media to the public in their book sales, with proceeds going to support the Library’s work.
- Books: hardback, paperback, fiction, nonfiction, young adult, children
- Audio CDs, LPs, and audiobooks
- DVDs and Blu-rays
We do not accept:
- Damp or moldy materials
- Legal statutes and casebooks
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- VHS tapes
- CDs and DVDs without cases
- Home-recorded CDs and DVDs
- General encyclopedias (World Book, Britannica, etc.)
How to Donate
The Friends hold a donation drop-off the first Saturday of every month. Please bring items you want to donate to the Library’s parking lot near the curbside pickup spots between 11 a.m.-1 p.m. You’ll see a Friend there who will help you unload your donations.
If you aren’t able to make it to a Saturday drop-off, you can still donate items. Bags small enough for one person to carry in one trip may be brought to curbside pickup or the Library’s Circulation Desk. Any donation drop-offs larger than that must be prearranged contacting the Friends of the Library using the form on their contact page.