The Johnson City Public Library is available for proctoring exams. We offer the boating license exam on demand during our regular operating hours, but all other exams must be scheduled in advance. Please contact Daniel Whisenhunt (email@example.com) to schedule your exam
Please consult our proctoring policy posted below for more details, and call us at 423-434-4454 for further questions.
- The library charges for-profit businesses $50 for each proctor session.
- The library charges non-profit businesses or educational institutions $15 for each proctor session. Students are advised to check with their on-line school to see if this fee is reimbursable.
- The library accepts cash and credit cards.
Tests must be scheduled with the proctor a minimum of 7 days in advance and preferably 14 days in advance. Tests will be scheduled during the proctor’s regular work hours. Tests must be completed 15 minutes before the library closes.
- The student will allow sufficient time to take the examination before the deadline that has been established by the institution.
- The student will be required to present a valid picture I.D. at the time of the exam.
- Proctors will not monitor a student continuously during an exam, but will check on the student periodically. The library does not guarantee that a quiet study room will be provided.
- Proctors will enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam, as well as other rules set forth in the examination materials. The use of cell phones or visiting with others is prohibited. Any perceived violation of the posted rules for the exam will be reported to the educational institution.
- Tests offered in a computer format must be compatible with the hardware and software available on the library workstations. Additional software cannot be installed to facilitate an exam.
- Prior contact between the testing institution and the proctor is required so that credibility and testing requirements can be verified.
- Library staff cannot proctor exams that students bring in themselves.
- Library staff will not sign a proctoring verification that attests to more than the staff member has been able to do.
- The Johnson City Public Library will not be responsible for any delayed tests, nor for any completed tests once they leave the library’s possession.
- The library will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by library emergencies, power failures, or computer hardware or software failures.
- The library reserves the right to substitute a proctor in the event of the original proctor’s absence.
Responsibilities of the Test Taker
- Your school may have specific requirements for proctoring. Check with the proctor to make sure the library can meet all of the requirements.
- Call prior to your test to make sure the test or login information has arrived. The proctor does not contact you when the exam arrives.
- Remit the appropriate fee prior to taking the exam.
- Arrive promptly at the agreed-upon time, prepared with the items required for taking the test. These may include picture identification (I.D.) or student I.D., applicable login and password information, money, pens/pencils and calculator. Only items listed in the instructions will be allowed in the test area. You are responsible for securing personal items before the test begins.
- Paper exams not taken by the date on which they were to be completed are either discarded or returned.
- A proctored session may be rescheduled one time if notice is given at least one day prior to the start of the session.