Your Library depends on volunteer help from community members like you!
Volunteering at the Library can fulfill college or court-appointed service hours.
For information on current volunteer opportunities, call (423) 434-4362, apply online or download a volunteer application and return the completed form to the Library’s Administration Office.
Volunteer opportunities may include:
- Friendly Visitor Program: Bring books and other library materials to homebound library users. Applicants are subject to a background check.
- Book Buddies: Read to children at local childcare centers and preschools. Book Buddies are required to be at least 18 years old, visit their placement site at least once a month, and complete a special training session. Applicants are subject to a background check.
- Technical Services: Help with item processing and discarding, book repair and preservation, and other projects.
- Adult Services: Assist with collection development and maintenance, help produce programs and participate in outreach opportunities in the community, assist with genealogy research and local history projects.
- Special Events: Volunteer at special events.