Please note: due to COVID-19, our building is temporarily closed to the public. Some information below may not apply at this time.
Your Library depends on volunteer help from community members like you!
Volunteering at the Library can fulfill college or court-appointed service hours.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Friendly Visitor Program: Bring books and other library materials to homebound library users. Applicants are subject to a background check.
- Book Buddies: Read to children at local childcare centers and preschools. Book Buddies are required to be at least 18 years old, visit their placement site at least once a month, and complete a special training session. Applicants are subject to a background check.
- Technical Services: Help with item processing and discarding, book repair and preservation, and other projects.
- Reference Services: Work on collection development and maintenance, create promotional materials, assist with outreach at community events, and help digitize the Tennessee Room collection.
- Special Events: Volunteer at library special events.