Your Library provides State of Tennessee notary services free of charge. You must schedule an appointment with our notary to have your documents notarized. Call (423) 434-4352 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
What to Bring
- Documents to be notarized. Documents must be 100% complete in order to be notarized.
- One of the following forms of identification: valid, unexpired I.D. such as a state-issued driver’s license, state-issued identification card, U.S. military identification card, resident alien identification card, or U.S. passport.
- Anyone whose signature appears on the documents to be notarized must be present; each signer must have a valid identification (see above).
- The Library does not provide witnesses. If your document requires witnesses, you must bring them to the signing.
- The Library does not certify vital records such as birth, death, or marriage certificates.
- If you need to complete an I-9 form, keep in mind that I-9 forms require an authorized representative. The Library requires that the company or corporation send a personalized document directly to the notary establishing them as the authorized representative for the completion of the I-9 form. Call (423) 434-4352 to speak with our notary about getting the needed contact information to forward to your employer.
Please note that our notary is not an attorney licensed to practice law in Tennessee, and may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.