Your Library provides State of Tennessee notary services free of charge. You must schedule an appointment with our notary to have your documents notarized. Call the Information Desk at (423) 434-4454 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
What to Bring
- Documents to be notarized. Documents must be 100% complete in order to be notarized.
- One of the following forms of identification: valid, unexpired I.D. such as a state-issued driver’s license, state-issued identification card, U.S. military identification card, resident alien identification card, or U.S. passport.
- Anyone whose signature appears on the documents to be notarized must be present; each signer must have a valid identification (see above).
- The Library does not provide witnesses. If your document requires witnesses, you must bring them to the signing.
- The Library does not certify vital records such as birth, death, or marriage certificates.
- If you need to complete a Form I-9, call the Information Desk at (423) 434-4454 to discuss the steps required to obtain I-9 identity verification.
Please note that our notary is not an attorney licensed to practice law in Tennessee, and may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.