You can support Johnson City Public Library by donating your gently used books and media! Friends of the Johnson City Public Library sell these items at book sales, and the proceeds help further the Library’s work.
Friends of the Library accept the following items:
- Books: hardback, paperback, fiction, nonfiction, young adult, and children
- Audio: CDs, LPs, and audiobooks
- Video: DVDs and Blu-rays
Friends of the Library do not accept:
- Damp or moldy materials
- Legal statutes and casebooks
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- VHS tapes
- CDs and DVDs without cases
- Home-recorded CDs and DVDs
- General encyclopedias (World Book, Britannica, etc.)
How to Donate
Friends of the Library hold a donation drop-off the first Saturday of every month from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Bring items you want to donate to the Library’s parking lot near the curbside pickup spots. You’ll see a volunteer there who will help you unload your donations.
If you aren’t able to make it to a Saturday drop-off, you can still donate items. Bags small enough for one person to carry in one trip may be brought to curbside pickup or the Library’s Circulation Desk. Any donation drop-offs larger than that must be pre-arranged with Friends of the Library. Fill out the form below to schedule a drop-off time.
Contact Friends of the Library
Fill out the form below if you have questions for Friends of the Library.